A downloadable game
Grave Consequences is a TTRPG/story game in which the players take on the rolls of recently reanimated undead creatures whose fates have been bound together by the Thrall, a powerful necromantic force created by a human necromancer called the Dark Mother. When the revenants awaken from slumbering in the Dark Mother's mausoleum, they find her and all of her acolytes slain by the church's Grim Hunt.
The revenants are alone in a world that despises them, and must support one another and help provide for one another's various Needs in order to survive.
- 6 Different playbooks to choose from, each with radically different abilities, Needs, and Troubles to explore. Play the invincible Wight Knight, the tormented Specter, the duplicitous Vampire, the grotesque Abomination, and more~~
- Player-driven campaigns: the action and direction of the game is determined by the players each night. Do you want to take care of your Needs first? Explore someone's Trouble? Strike against the Church? Search for a new safehouse?
- A narrative-focused system that doesn't skimp on tactical complexity in combat. Play this as a heavy-RP story game or indulge in the combat system as much as you wish.
- You're powerful, but the only people you can truly trust are your Thrallmates. The world really is out to get you, and you'll need to help each other out in order to survive and flourish.
- A largely setting-agnostic approach. This game's story could take place in almost any fantasy setting. Very few details are made concrete in order to allow players to fill in the blanks of their world.
Grave Consequences is now a complete game!
The game file available here is what could generously be called an ashcan draft. It is a direct .pdf download of the word processor document in which I wrote it. A much nicer version is available here: https://mataramg.itch.io/grave-consequences-rebuild
That version includes a real, professional layout and will be updated to include character sheets, story trackers, and other print-outs and add-ons over time. This version will remain in ashcan form for those who are looking for something cheaper with just the rules and no frills.
The rules have been completely refactored since the beta version to include a redesign of the core mechanic, accommodate more weapons and talents, and include storybuilding rules to help build the world and the intrigue as you go.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $7 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Grave ConsequencesMar 11, 2019
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.